Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Kiriti Sengupta- A Poem


Clues To Name

An experiment I undertook. A seed slept in dark, clueless; no viable chant … what if awakened by a mantra? A syllable to prefix and suffix, and thus was my pride and prejudice! Got confined, even as I wish to move on. Now the pride is dear; dearer than my dearest…
#
Following some cunning way I was keen to taste some greatness. A tree stands with its green veil. Through its branches I noticed the ascent of sap, but it had no salt. Some names sweet … some seeds added at source!
#
As one finds it apt! Just the way the mind seeks. My mind. Mantra bears lust … petty you, you blame the luster! Lust reinstated … inevitable it is…
#
Immersion via the mirror … good bye to the goddess, but the lion keeps awake with his eyes closed. His eyes are terrific … mesmerizing, or giving all as I surrender. The first involves mixing while the latter denotes craving!
#
Deviations bring popularity … endless celebrations. Fists full of water and free donation … serving the pilgrims. Withdrawal reversed…
#
Complete bath and a full dip … no excuses, please … be it the pollution sick! You sprinkle drops, however … your wisdom runs into the lustrous hole. Incenses are not burn by wet hands, they say. Prohibited it is. Water has no call, no décor either; it floats the bone and the mortal frames free!



Bio: Kiriti Sengupta is the author of the bestselling trilogy; My Glass of WineThe Reverse Tree and Healing Waters Floating Lamps. Sengupta is based at Calcutta, India.


8 comments: